Dear PITA Members, Development Partner Agencies, and Friends
With the uncertainty in assuring health due to the deadly coronavirus outbreak, the PITA Executive Committee in considering the circumstances raised by the host, and with the proximity of the PITA AGM to be held within the next two months, agreed on the following best course of actions to be effected immediately, as follows:
- Postpone/Suspend the dates of the PITA 24th AGM until further notice. This is to immediately allow members revise travel plan accordingly.
- Allow a period of at least 1 month, if not earlier, to set new dates for the PITA 24th AGM.
The Committee notes that there are already high level of cautions imposed by countries and organisations in response to this deadly virus outbreak, including restrictions on free global travel.
In addition, with no vaccine yet to be provided, there is also high concern in regards to the lack of core capacities prevailing in small island and developing states, to effectively contain and safeguard its citizens and visitors, should there be an outbreak of this very contagious and deadly Coronavirus in the Pacific
The Committee wishes to express all regrets for any inconveniences that may have been caused from this call to postpone the PITA 24th AGM dates, and would like to assure all members of its efforts to monitor closely developments and obtain required levels of certainty to announce an update at the earliest opportunity.
The Committee would also like to consider preemptively the weeks of late May or earliest June for advance planning should the certainty level be achieved.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to announcing soon an update.
For enquiries and more information, contact the PITA Manager